Market conditions are constantly changing. The principles for negotiating from a strong position never change. Cash is always king and cash buyers are strong and need no pre-qualifications to be in a purchase-ready position. If you are in the market to buy a home but are not in a position to pay cash for the home then you need to do some prep work. Don’t feel bad, most people are not in a position to pay cash for their home. They need to finance a mortgage. What you need to do to be purchase-ready and thus in a strong negotiating position, is to get yourself pre-qualified with a lender.
It is a very good time to purchase a home from a historic perspective. Interest rates are low. The real estate industry has been in recovery and home prices in most areas of the country are above their respective market bottom. Home values are currently rising.
Whether you are a looking to make the Hilton Head Island area your primary residence, or your vacation/second home or if you are looking to purchase an investment/rental property, I will connect you with the appropriate mortgage lenders that best suit your needs.
Steps in the Process
- Sign a “Buyer Agency Agreement” which will describe how I, as your exclusive agent,will represent you (the client buyer) and your best interests. Under South Carolina Real Estate License Law, without this agreement an agent is required to represent the best interests of the seller, not the buyer.
- Determine your budget for your purchase and get prequalified by a lender to ensure that you have the best negotiating position.
- Finding your perfect home, villa or building lot. Tell me exactly what you are looking for and I will go to work to find and show you properties that meet your wants and needs.
- Let the fun begin! We have found the perfect property now I will go to work to present your offer to the seller and negotiate the best price and terms for you.
- You close on your property, move in (or build) and live happily ever after in the most spectacular area of the country.
Your relationship with me is not over when you close escrow on your home or villa purchase. I have clients from 15 years ago that still contact me regularly for my local knowledge on everything from local repair service providers to restaurants to interior design suggestions and more. I love what I do, I love the Hilton Head Island area and I would love to make my Hilton Head Island Home your Hilton Head Island home.